Harbor View will enhance the lives of Redwood City youth through contributions to local non-profits like the Boys and Girls Club, Reading Partners and the Redwood City Education Foundation. Additionally, Harbor View will generate significant new revenue for our schools.
- $5,600,000 in additional property tax revenue for Redwood City schools.
- $4,800,000 complete renovation of the RWC Boys and Girls Club teen center including a new commercial kitchen providing meals for hungry kids and job training opportunities. The renovation was completed in June 2017 and the new clubhouse is open and serving RWC youth.
- Funding for Redwood City nonprofit programs in support of local youth including:
- $500,000 in scholarships for RWC Youth
- $500,000 for the Redwood City Education Foundation
- $100,00 for Reading Partners to supplement school reading programs